The Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card can easily pay for its $95 annual fee with one major perk: Access to the Priority Pass Select network.
Cardholders must enroll in the Priority Pass Select program to receive 10 complimentary lounge visits each Priority Pass membership year. These visits can also be applied to guests.
» Learn more: How to maximize your Priority Pass Select membership
So if you fly occasionally, you and your fellow traveler can relax in style between flights. Priority Pass Select gives access to over 1,200 lounges, including hundreds across the Americas. Be sure to use them, because they expire at the end of each year.
NerdWallet does not guarantee promotions, prices or dates. They are subject to change or expiration.
How to maximize your rewards
You want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2018, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®).
- Flat-rate travel rewards: Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card (Earn unlimited 2 miles per dollar on every purchase).
- Premium travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Reserve® (Get 3 points per dollar on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases).
- No annual fee: Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card (Earn unlimited 1.5 points per dollar spent on all purchases, with no annual fee).
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express (Get 5 points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or through American Express Travel, plus get access to the Global Lounge Collection). Terms Apply.
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Travel rewards bucket list: Showering on a plane
How I flew for free: Round trip NYC to India using Chase Ultimate Rewards
This strategy is how I started earning major travel rewards